WHAT IS THE CSA LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP?
This is an annual leadership scholarship presented by the College Student Alliance (CSA) board of directors to 12 outstanding individuals across the province of Ontario who have demonstrated leadership qualities within their college community through volunteerism, leadership and participation in organizations primarily focused on helping others.
WHAT IS THE CRITERIA FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
- Experience in a leadership role and/or volunteerism on your campus and/or community.
- Good citizenship, as demonstrated by positive and variable service to the college community.
- The ability to motivate others and demonstrate outstanding leadership to improve the lives of other people while attending a post-secondary institution in Ontario.
- Full-time post-secondary program at a CSA member college.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
The deadline to apply is December 31st, 2016
WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED?
Only those successful will be notified by mid January 2017.
WHAT SHOULD MY WRITTEN SUBMISSION CONTAIN?
Reflecting on your past and present experience in a leadership role, your written submission should summarize your activities and contributions to your college and community which show:
- Concern for your college community as demonstrated by your public service. (Please identify If your experience was volunteer, work, or school related.
- Indicate where these efforts demonstrated leadership and the ability to motivate others.
- How your contributions have benefited your college and/or community.
- How you personally benefited from this experience
- Your written submission should be 800 – 1,000 words
WHAT SHOULD MY LETTERS OF REFERENCE FOCUS ON?
The three (3) letters of support from appropriate references should attest to your commitment to leadership and community service. This letter must not be from a relative or roommate/partner. You should fully apprise the person recommending you about your reasons for applying, as well as the guidelines surrounding your application. Applications without letters of recommendation will not be considered.